Monday, February 09, 2009

Working out in a fasted state.

So okay... This always seemed like a no brain'r to me. If your trying to lose weight, doesn't it make sense todo your high intensity workouts on an empty stomach?

I always have, but I guess there are those that believe that eating before a workout tends to let them have a more intense workout thus burning more calories then they have consumed.

But then I've always followed some simple rules,

don't eat if your not hungry (and I mean real hunger, not just habit hunger or cravings but the deep down my stomach is empty kinda hunger)

and don't drink if your not thirsty.

I think that doing anything else, makes eating and drinking a habit that ends up on your waist line. I've linked to a couple of articles below that are worth reading about this subject. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Fasted workouts and fasted cardio vs. Epoc For fat loss

The Physiology of Fasting



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VERY INTERESTING and I do wanna try your rules too. Thanks.

alexis scott

Wish List